Recently, the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) has been reformed. The reason for this complete overhaul is that many students just memorize fundamental science concepts. The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) feels that this is not enough for the pre-med students to pass MCAT test.
As a result, they introduced different subjects and sections such as – Social, Psychological, and Biological Foundations of Behavior to make sure the test program retains its quality.
Now, that the test program has changed, you will find that many test prep materials have introduced new edition to their previous ones. In this post, we are going to share the best material for MCAT psychology and sociology sections. Let’s start reading and find out which is the best material for these parts.
MCAT Psychology and Sociology
The main specialty of this material is that it will help you in overcoming challenging questions from psychology and sociology sections. In short, this material is what you need to get a high score in the respective sections.
This particular material includes the following features –
- It contains detailed explanations of tough psychology and sociology topics
- There are several sample questions with systematic justifications.
- Each chapter includes a quick review of the chapter summary and end-of-chapter drills and explanations.
- Every chapter has full-color illustrations with diagrams and tables.
- For references, you will see an extensive glossary section as well.
- You will have access to three full-length online practice tests.
- All practice tests are designed only for MCAT test takers.
Which topics are discussed in the materials?
- Psychology and Sociology Strategy for the MCAT
- Interacting with the Environment
- Biological Foundations of Behavior
- Personality, Motivation, Attitudes, and Psychological Disorders
- Self-Identity and Group Identity
- Social Structure, Learning, Memory, and Behavior
So what companies have the best materials?
1. Next Step
6. Psyc/Soc Quizlet (Created by our founder)
7. Any Sociology or Psychology Tests You Can Find
These are great material for pre-med students but NONE contain all the material the test covers. With this material, they can master psychology and sociology by learning advanced topics and strategies. Thus, the students will find it easier to prepare for the psychology and sociology sections!